The Message Sniffer service complements SmarterMail’s built-in antispam and antivirus features and accurately captures more than 99% of spam, viruses, and malware right out of the box. It learns about your environment automatically to optimize its performance and accuracy without your intervention; and it can be easily customized to meet your requirements. Because Message Sniffer runs all of its signatures locally, it doesn’t need to communicate with any services outside of the mail server, making it quicker and more efficient. Furthermore, the database is regularly and automatically updated to protect against new spam and malware attacks.
To begin using the antispam service, you'll need to:
- Obtain proper licensing by purchasing the service or starting a trial, then
- Enable the Message Sniffer spam check.
Enabling Message Sniffer
Follow these steps to enable the Message Sniffer spam check:
- Log into SmarterMail as a System Administrator.
- Click the Settings icon.
- Click on Antispam.
- Click on the Spam Checks tab.
- Click on the row for Message Sniffer to open the spam check's configuration options.
- Toggle the slider to the right next to Enable Spool Filtering. Adjust any spam weights as desired.
- Click Save.
- Cyren is now enabled for spool filtering.