Mailing lists are a good way to send a message or series of messages to many people at once. For example, many companies use mailing lists to email newsletters, promotional offers, or information about product updates to subscribers. System administrators may enable mailing lists on a per-domain basis in order to manage system resources.
Follow these steps to enable the use of mailing lists on a specific domain:
- Log in to SmarterMail as the system administrator.
- Click on the Manage icon.
- Click the desired domain to load the domain settings.
- On the Mailing Lists card, toggle the Mailing Lists option to ON.
- Add a Mailing List Command Address, or simply use the default. If you like, you can also edit the number of mailing lists allowed for the domain and/or the Mailing List Max Message size, or leave these as the defaults as well.
- Once you've made your changes, be sure to click Save.
All other configuration settings are optional. For instructions on how to create a new mailing list, please refer to the KB article Create a Mailing List